Xiaomi, the Chinese smartphone giant, has announced the launch of a new Android smartphone. The smartphone which is called the Xiaomi Mi Play includes a waterdrop notch on the front which equips the selfie camera while the back panel features a gradient finish which overall gives a premium touch to the phone, and for the design, the Mi Play is made with plastic.
The Xiaomi Mi Play, is however, setup with an octa-core MediaTek Helion P35 SoC processor and sports a dual rear camera. This phone has been designed to be able to play high capacity games as it sports a 5.84-inch full-HD+ (1080×2280 pixels) display, hence making it a gaming device. The smartphone runs on the Android 8.1 Oreo-based MIUI 10. This phone would not be price friendly. Let us see more of this smartphone features.
- 1 Key Specs
- 2 Xiaomi Mi Play Display and Design
- 3 Mi Play Hardware and Software
- 4 Xiaomi Mi Play Camera Reviews
- 5 Xiaomi Mi Play Price, and Availability
- 6 Xiaomi Mi Play Full Specs, and Features
- Display: 5.84-inch, 1080×2280 pixels
- Processor: 2.3GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P35 SoC
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Camera: 8MP selfie camera, and 12MP + 2MP rear camera
- Storage: 4GB of RAM, and 64GB internal storage
- Battery Capacity: 3000mAh
Xiaomi Mi Play Display and Design
The Mi Play doesn’t look like any other Xiaomi phone. The Mi Play comes with a waterdrop notch which the first for Xiaomi and also features a gradient finish like one of those recently launched Realme or Honor. From the back side, the Xiaomi Mi Play looks like a premium phone as it feels like a glass body, but in reality, the phone packs a plastic body.
Mi Play Hardware and Software
This might disappoint a lot of customers. As said, for the Mi Play Xiaomi has focused more on the design and less on the hardware powering the phone. On the hardware front, the Mi Play is powered by an octa-core 2.3 GHz MediaTek Helio P35, which is a 12nm chipset. It comes coupled with GPU Turbo graphics. The device is packed with 4GB of RAM, and a 64GB internal storage.
Xiaomi Mi Play Camera Reviews
The Mi Play includes a dual camera setup on the rear panel which includes a primary sensor of 12MP and secondary sensor of 2MP. The Mi Play includes a single camera on the front with 8MP sensor for clicking selfie. The front camera is said to come packed with lots of AI features like — AI micro plastic beauty — for clicking beautiful and blemish free selfies.
Xiaomi Mi Play Price, and Availability
The Xiaomi Mi Play price in China has been set at CNY 1,099 (roughly N58,000) for the 4GB RAM/ 64GB storage variant. Also, selling of the phone will being starting from December 25th on the Xiaomi’s offline store in China. The smartphone is offering a free 10GB data per month for 1 year.
Xiaomi Mi Play Full Specs, and Features
Here are the features of this amazing Android smartphone.
- Release date: December 2018
- Form factor: Touchscreen
- Dimensions (mm): 147.76 x 71.89 x 7.80
- Weight (g): 150.00
- Battery capacity: 3,000mAh
- Colours: Black, Dream Blue and Twilight Gold
- Screen size: 5.84 inch
- Touchscreen: Yes
- Resolution: 1080×2280 pixels
- Aspect ratio: 19:9
- Pixels per inch (PPI): 432
- Processor: 2.3GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P35
- RAM: 4GB
- Internal storage: 64GB
- Expandable storage: Yes
- Expandable storage type: microSD
- Expandable storage up to (GB): 256
- Rear camera: 12-megapixel (f/2.2) + 2-megapixel
- Rear autofocus: Yes
- Rear flash: Yes
- Front camera: 8-megapixel
- Operating system: Android 8.1 Oreo
Skin: MIUI 10
- Wi-Fi: Yes
Wi-Fi standards supported: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- GPS: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, v 4.20
- USB Type-C: Yes
- Number of SIMs: 2
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- GSM/CDMA: GSM
- 3G: Yes
- 4G/ LTE: Yes
- Fingerprint sensor: Yes
- Compass/ Magnetometer: Yes
- Proximity sensor: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Ambient light sensor: Yes
- Gyroscope: Yes
Where to buy Xiaomi Mi Play Smartphone
If you’re interested in buying this Android smartphone, then CLICK HERE.