The Chinese smartphone tech giant, Xiaomi, has launched their first Redmi smartphone for the year 2019, which is, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7. This smartphone is the successor to the Redmi Note 6 which was released in 2018. The smartphone is given an amazing 48MP rear camera for your best snaps, and also it is boxed with a snapdragon 660, octa-core 2.2GHz processor. They made sure it runs on the Android 9.0 Pie OS, with MIUI 10.
This smartphone gives you a full day battery life, as it is with a 4,000mAh battery capacity. The incredible thing about this smartphone, is that, for all it’s huge features, it’s quite cheap as it costs just $150. Now let’s see get into full details of this Redmi smartphone.
- 1 Key Specs
- 2 Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Display and Design
- 3 Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Software and Hardware
- 4 Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Camera
- 5 Network Connectivity & Battery
- 6 Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Availability, and Price
- 7 Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Full Specs, and Review
- Display: 6.3-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2340 pixels
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie
- Processor: Octa-core 2.2GHz, Snapdragon 660
- Storage: 3GB/4GB/6GB Of RAM with 32GB/64GB internal storage
- Camera: 48MP + 5MP rear camera and 13MP selfie camera
- Battery Capacity: 4,000mAh non-removable battery
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Display and Design
The design of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 is pretty simple. It features a massive 6.3-inch Full HD+ IPS display which is covered by a Corning Gorilla Glass 5 for screen protection with a water drop cut out/notch to house the front-facing camera.
There is also a significant amount of chin at the bottom. At the back of the device are the usuals; a fingerprint sensor placed at the centre and a dual rear camera located at the top left side with an LED flash underneath. The volume buttons, as well as the power button, is located at the right side on while SIM and MicroSD card are at the left side. Overall, the device weighs just 186grams, measures 8.1mm in thickness and comes in colours Black, Blue and Twilight Gold.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Software and Hardware
Xiaomi went with the Snapdragon 660 Chipset here on the Redmi Note 7 which has an octa-core processor clocked at 2.2GHz paired with an Adreno 512 GPU for graphics and gaming. There are 3 RAM options to choose from which includes 3GB, 4GB and 6GB. The 3GB RAM variant comes with 32GB of Internal storage while the 4GB and 6GB RAM Variants come with a bigger 64GB of Internal storage. Storage can be expanded further, up to 256GB but at the expense of losing a SIM slot as this device using an Hybrid Slot. This device runs the latest version of MIUI out of the box which is MIUI 10 based on Android 9.0 Pie.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Camera
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 has a total of three cameras; two at the back and one up front. The selfie camera is a 13MP camera with HDR and ready to record 1080p videos at 30fps. At the rear is a 48MP main shooter with f/1.8 aperture and PDAF paired with a 5MP depth sensor camera with f/2.4 aperture. The main 48MP uses a new tech called Quad-Bayer filter, which was first seen on Huawei’s P20 Pro which lets it output a lower megapixel (in this case, 12MP) images with large pixel and real-time HDR. Features of the rear camera include and dual-LED flash for low light photography, HDR, Panorama and can record 1080p videos at 30, 60 and 120fps.
Network Connectivity & Battery
Powering this device is a 4,000mAh battery which supports Quick Charge 4.0 but only a standard 5V/2A charger is bundled in the box. However, if you get a 9V/2A charger, you can charge the device from 0 to 100% in just 1 hours 43 minutes according to Xiaomi CEO, Lei Jun. The device also features a USB Type-C port for file transfer and charging which also supports USB On The Go. Other features include WiFi, WiFi direct, WiFi hotspot, 4G LTE, Bluetooth, GPS, FM Radio and a 3.5mm jack which seems to fast fading out.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Availability, and Price
Xiaomi Redm Note 7 goes for the price of $150 for the based variant of 3GB/32GB while the 4GB/64GB and 6GB/64GB costs for $175 and $205 respectively. The Redmi Note 7 Android smartphone is set to commence for sale as from January 15, 2019.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Full Specs, and Review
See the complete specifications, and features of this Android smartphone.
- Release date: January 2019
- Dimensions (mm): 159.21 x 75.21 x 8.10
- Weight (g): 186.00
Battery capacity: 4000mAh
- Removable battery: No
- Fast charging: Quick Charge 4
- Colours: Twilight Gold, Fantasy Blue, and Bright black
- Screen size (inches): 6.30
- Touchscreen: Yes
- Resolution: 1080×2340 pixels
- Protection type: Gorilla Glass
Aspect ratio: 19.5:9
- Processor: Octa-core 2.2GHz
- Processor make: Snapdragon 660
- RAM: 3/4/6GB
- Internal storage: 32/64GB
- Expandable storage type: microSD
- Expandable storage up to (GB)256
- Operating system: Android Oreo
- Skin: MIUI 10
- Rear camera: 48-megapixel (f/1.8, 1.6-micron) + 5-megapixel
- Rear flash: LED
- Front camera: 13-megapixel
- Wi-Fi: Yes
- Wi-Fi standards supported: 802.11 a/b/g/n
- GPS: Yes
- AGPS: Yes
- GLONASS: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, v 5.00
- USB Type-C: Yes
- Headphones: 3.5mm
- FM: No
- Number of SIMs: 2
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
4G VoLTE: Yes
- Fingerprint sensor: Yes
- Proximity sensor: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Ambient light sensor: Yes
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Distance sensor: Yes
- Electronic compass: Yes
- Vibration motor: Yes
- Infrared sensor: Yes
Where to Buy the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Smartphone
Want to buy this Android smartphone, then do CLICK HERE.